Just FweetieB

If I had to choose, I'd just read to my kids...thoughts on a better than average existence.

Monday, July 28

Obama Stampede

Saw the Op-Ed in the NYT - "How Obama Became Acting President" today, and just had to share. I have loved reading how Europe is welcoming Obama, especially considering the way we have been treated as pariahs for the last, oh, 7-odd years (wonder why?).

One of my favorite quotes from this article,
"What was most striking about the Obama speech in Berlin was not anything he said so much as the alternative reality it fostered: many American children have never before seen huge crowds turn out abroad to wave American flags instead of burn them."

Ain't it the truth? I see the wind a-changin'. Finally.

1 Comments:

Blogger zig said...

Two words: "YEE" and "HAW!"

Well, a few more: if we get duped again, I am starting a commune in Canada. I just can't - with good conscience - continue to support this country's Repug policies for another 4 years!

CM

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home