Just FweetieB

If I had to choose, I'd just read to my kids...thoughts on a better than average existence.

Monday, April 14

Visitors and Stagnant Pool Tables

This weekend we spent a long, lovely brunch with my cousin, currently of Texas, and his girlfriend. My cousin Dan and I basically grew up together - as the youngest of my siblings and I, he was the "little brother" that drove my brother crazy and was usually just around at events and family gatherings. He pops up enough in family snapshots to make you think we were "four" versus "three." We always loved having him around. Raised by my aunt, pretty much on her own, with a dad who has a lot to be desired (by me anyway, but my dad is fabulous, so I'm biased) he's turned out to be just a really great, down-to-earth person. I just love seeing him.

It was the first time we met the girlfriend, and she's so interesting! Well-traveled, bilingual, obviously smart and very sweet. Although from very different backgrounds, she and Cousin Dan seem (from the measly 3 hours we spent with them) to make a great couple.

Daniel - I wish we saw you more often. You're both welcome at our place anytime.

We also sold the pool table that has been lying stagnant in our basement for several years. We bought it pre-kid, and played it quite a bit in the beginning. Then it just became an island for the gear we didn't want to get wet during the monsoon season. (We used to have a minorly flooded basement every spring, but we fixed that problem - i hope). The table went to a good home, with two boys excited to have it. And now I have a lovely, big empty space in the middle of the basement, surely a catalyst to getting the place cleaned up.

I think my "nesting" is beginning in this pregnancy. I have begun organizing and cleaning up several spaces in the house. All with the goal in mind of having it done before September. It just feels so good to recycle and give away stuff we just don't need. I feel like I can breathe easier after a room (or closet, or drawer, or box, or random basket) has been purged of its uselessness.

Wish me luck. We have a lot of crap to go through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home