Just FweetieB

If I had to choose, I'd just read to my kids...thoughts on a better than average existence.

Thursday, December 27

A Cynic's Christmas Tale

You prepare and plan and wrap, and plan, and clean, and plan. Before you know it, the holiday has come and gone. We stayed home this year. It was mostly lovely, really, especially since the weather has been mildly icy/snowy. And on that note...

We were on our way to the Nutcracker 2 Saturdays ago. It had snowed and was a little slick, but we're carful drivers and I've had tickets since the first day they sold them to the general public - Oct. 22. There was no way we were going to miss it...or so I thought.

On our way, we were in the right lane of a 4 lane street. To the left of us (left lane), a small white/gray car began fishtailing...next thing we knew, she was in OUR lane, and too close for us to avoid her. My dear Chee was driving, and he did his damndest to not hit her straight on, sucessfully avoiding a 9 foot concrete and metal barrier near the sidewalk, which could have seriously damaged the truck AND my face as the airbog would have most certainly gone off.

Since she was in our lane, her rear right tail hit my front left fender, bashing it in completely, then proceeding to gouge its way all along the right side of my vehicle. It smashed the driver's door handle in, and basically fucked up four panels of my SantaFe. The worst part for me was that my sweet Twinkers was in the car, too.

In our state, if there are no witnesses, no one gets ticketed. No one was badly injured (my back is a mess, I've been to the dr.), and both vehicles were driveable, so we were told by a passing cop to head to the nearest police station to give a statement. Chee did so, and the other driver did not say anything about his statement being incorrect. Needless to say, we missed the Nutcracker.

2 days later, her insurance agency called (Progressive, those little weasels) and she had completely LIED HER ASS OFF. NOW, she says she started out in the right lane, which is a huge load of horseshit. So now, instead of her insurance paying for our damage, which is completely her fault, we're paying our deductible, plus any overage on a rental.

It could have been such a worse accident -- and I'm grateful that we weren't hurt. And we were able to get seats at the Nutcracker using the same tickets. But really, I just wanted to tell that lying so and so -- for God's sake, it's Christmas. Can't you tell the truth now?? But considering our house was broken into on Dec. 23rd a few years back, I guess I can't hope for good feelings around the holiday. Everyone is just out for themselves.

And this said by someone who donated blood this morning, across from a 76 yr-old nun! I hate feeling this cynical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home